A lot of the research I’ve done this upcoming election has been about the candidates before they were in politics. Obviously, Hillary Clinton has been in politics for so long that it was extremely difficult to find anything other than some accomplishments during her political career, so I’m forced to write this post about Donald Trump.
There were several stories and articles I found that aren’t necessarily being reported on the main stream media, so I figured I’d shed some light on them here in my own blog. I’m not going to go into detail on each story. I figured I’d summarized, then offer a link to the source article, then you can do your own research. Here they are:
- Trump Flies a 3-Year Old, Critically-Ill Child from California to New York for Medical Treatment
I had seen someone else share this story, so I did a little research to see if it was true. It is! It happened in 1988. Commercial Airliners were unable to transport the child due to all the medical equipment. The parents of the boy called Trump to tell him their story. He didn’t hesitate to fly them there in his private jet.
- Donald Trump Saves Ed McMahon’s House
In 2008, Ed McMahon’s house was dealing with an impending foreclosure. Trump said it “would be an honor” to purchase the house and lease it back to Ed at a discounted price.
- He Donates to Organizations Such as American Cancer Society, American Diabetes Association, Alliance for Lupus Research, Autism Speaks, Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America, Gay Men’s Health Crisis, and more
Being a parent of a child on the Autism spectrum, this one hits home with me. 🙂
- Donald Trump Called on the Family of Ryan White at Home After He Died of AIDS at Age 18
In 1985, Ryan White (then 14 years old), contracted the AIDS virus from a blood transfusion. His story was everywhere because of the struggles he faced because he had the disease. After he passed, Trump was one of many who contacted his parents, offering his condolences.
- He Saved an Iconic Ice Skating Rink in Central Park
In 1980, the famous Wollman Rink had fallen into disrepair and the city didn’t know what to do with it. It was supposed to take $4.5 million to repair it, but 5 years and $17 million later, it still wasn’t finished. In June of 1986, Trump said give to him and he’d have it done by Christmas. All he asked for in return was the rink’s concession rights, in which he would, in turn, donate to charity. The Wollman rink was completed 2 months prior to Christmas and $775K under budget.
- Donald Trump and Mel Farr Team Up to Help a Detroit High School Band Appear at Carnegie Hall
I remember being in high school band. This was cool. The school was invited to play at Carnegie Hall, but they needed to raise funds to make the trip to New York. Trump and Farr helped pay their way.
- He Donated the Money to Keep the Harlem Hoops Tournament Running
- Donald Trump Fought Against Racism and Anti-Semitism
“Wait, what??? But they said he was a racist.” So was Mitt Romney in 2012 and I’m sure George Bush before that. It’s been used since 1964 and it’s getting old.
- Trump Protected Jennifer Hudson and Her Relatives at His Hotel
Back in October of 2008, Jennifer Hudson’s mother, brother and nephew were murdered in Chicago. He let her and some of her relatives stay at the Trump International Hotel & Tower free of charge.
- Trump Offers a $10K Reward to a Bus Driver that Saved a Woman from Jumping Off a Bridge
- Donald Trump and His Siblings Give $1M to the Hospital that Treated Their Parents
So to those of you who say “Trump will never change”: I certainly hope not.